The redefinition of the global acceptance of the brand and image of the Road Transport Owners in Nigeria started when an individual with foresight decided to change the trajectory of discussions around the organization positioning it for greatness. The emergence of Alhaji Musa Mohammed has redefined expressions and expectations across the transport line.
Alhaji chief Mohammed Musa Meitakobi; the National Chairman is a visionary who saw beyond the seen to liaise with other great minds to birth a chapel that is fast becoming the symbol of exemplary leadership and the redefinition of service towards humanity.
A year ago, a chapel was created to cater to the needs and desires of students with a passion to serve their nation via the transportation niche and LASU Chapel was birthed through the astuteness and tenacity of a vibrant and energetic comrade, ENIAFE-JAFO, who envisioned the transformation of a liability into an asset. Lagos State University which is the best state university in West Africa has an array of great minds and Professor Ibiyemi Bello; the Vice Chancellor, who has eyes to spot and develop opportunities made it a smooth ride. Today, that small seed sown has become a shield influencing and impacting lives across and beyond the institution and society.
LASU Chapel’s phenomenal growth and presence have been astronomically influenced by the royal and fatherly inputs and the presence of a king who believes so much in young, creative, and purpose-driven people and helps them achieve greatness. The Oniba of the iba kingdom, Oba (Dr.) Adeshina Raji is a push that has made the Chapel achieve so much in this space of time.
LASU Chapel has redefined the scope and expressions of Chapels across Nigeria within one year which has endeared many to them. Their phenomenal growth is a case study of how much can be achieved with little and within a short phase of time.
Some of the achievements thus far include but are not limited to:
1. Distribution of free 100 JAMB Forms to indigent students.
2. Two years scholarship scheme for five students including the disabled.
3. 10hrs daily light-up from 7 pm-5 am at LASU isheri gate to Red gate turning.
4. Adequate collaboration with campus Marshall to boost campus security.
5. Regulation of transport prices to meet up with students’ and commuters’ needs.
6. Effective collaboration with the school of transportation to train about fifty drivers on behavioral modus in plying Lagos road.
7. Facilitation of LASTMA personnel to moderate the bottleneck at igando gate road every evening and re-glossing of the zebra crossing.
8. It is noteworthy that the presence of our park attendant, especially at night has served as a deterrent to criminals that perpetrate evil deeds at ungodly hours and many others.
The leadership of LASU Chapel is sold out to making giant progressive strides into the transportation niche and the past year is a child’s play to the greatness that lies ahead. LASU chapel within a year has become a testament that great things are achieved when great people align together for a greater good.
Today, within one year LASU Chapel has become a pride to all.
Olalere Samuel Owoseni (SAMGRIN)
Secretary LASU Chapel writes from Lagos.