If you want divine backing of God in your marriage you need to make sure your courtship satisfy Him. By avoiding the Don’t in Courtship listed below:
- DON’T look to the world. The world wants you to think that your happiness depends on finding the perfect guy – or girl. But this just isn’t true. If you are a believer in Christ, then your joy is found in Him.
- DON’T be prideful. I think this can be one of the biggest pitfalls. So don’t convince yourself that you know it all and understand everything. Walk in humility. Those who are proud don’t last long in a relationship no matter how anointed they are
- Don’t neglect God in your courtship. You can’t have a beautiful courtship without God.
- Don’t pretend in courtship. Be yourself and let your partner know who you are.
- Don’t have a secret courtship. Let your pastor, friends and parent know. Anyone who is trying to hide you from his pastors, friends and parents is a boy. Let him grow first before thinking about relationship.
- Don’t double date. Doubting dating is a sin. And anyone who double dates is never in love. Love is focus!
- Sister!!! Don’t turn yourself to the brother’s cook or launderer. Wait until after wedding. After wedding, You will cook and watch until Jesus come! So why the rush?
- Never cohabit. Living together before marriage is ungodly. If you must live together, get married
- Never be unfaithful in courtship. It is better to be single and searching than being in an unfaithful relationships. An unfaithful person can’t make a good spouse
- Never have a focusless courtship. The number one purpose of courtship is marriage. If you are not ready for marriage in the next one year or two, you have no business with relationship. Face your studies, business and evangelism.
- Kissing, hugging, pecking, necking, and fondling MUST be avoided. Don’t do anything you can’t do in JESUS name during your courtship. If you must kiss, kiss on your wedding day!
- Pre-marital sex places marital destiny under a serious curse. So Never have sex in courtship! If you must have sex, let it be on your wedding night.
- Courtship is not a period for joint business or account. It is not a period to start wearing same attires. Wait until after wedding. You are not married Until you are married,
- Avoid holding meetings behinds close doors. Anything can happen no matter how anointed you are. Ask the mighty men and women that fell into sex sin yesterday. Don’t tempt the devil.
- Avoid sleeping in the same room, no matter the circumstances. Many of those people who tried that yesterday ended up with “HAD I KNOWN”! May you not join them in Jesus name
- Avoid holding meetings in dark places unless you are children of darkness.
- Avoid late night visits even if you are a security man
- Avoid staying together for a long time, doing nothing. An idle hand is a devil’s workshop
- Avoid prayerlessness
- Avoid sending your nude picture to any stupid guy. Any guy who demands for your nude pix is worst than the devil. RUN!
- Don’t wave away danger signals during courtships! Do not be blind to reality before marriage because of what you feel for each other. The fact remains that you will live with reality when you are finally married. Ignoring those key character issues before marriage is one negative step towards a painful marital relationship.
You will not miss it in marriage in Jesus name!
©️Pst Bisi Adewale